The Visit of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden to Ireland will take place from today Tuesday 21/6/16 to Sunday 26/6/16. Comprehensive traffic management and policing plans in each of the relevant Garda Divisions have been put in place, including a round-the-clock security operation and traffic management plan in the Phoenix Park, Dublin, for the duration of the visit.
The Vice President will visit and attend events at a number of locations around the country during the course of the visit. Rolling road closures will take effect and some local routes will be closed for the duration of such events. Parking restrictions will also apply at key locations. Further information will be flagged to local media nearer the time and updates will be provided via the Garda Twitter Account @gardatraffic.
The priority of An Garda Síochána will be at all times to ensure the safety and security of all, facilitate and regulate the movement of traffic and the continuation of normal commercial and business activity.
Gardaí have been liaising with local resident groups, businesses and other stakeholders in the key locations and will continue to communicate directly with them to ensure the minimum disruption is caused during policing operations.
Further information and specific arrangements will be made available during the course of the visit.
Traffic Management & Arrangements in the Phoenix Park
- The Phoenix Park will be closed to all Traffic and Pedestrians every night from 11pm until 6.30am for the duration of the visit.
- VMS Signs will be in Operation providing relevant traffic information.
- There will be no access to vehicles on Acres Road between the Phoenix Roundabout and the Junction with Military Road. Vehicles entering the Phoenix Park via the Chapelizod Gate will be directed onto the Lr. Glen Road and Military Road (access to St. Mary’s Hospital via Chapelizod Gate). Access to White’s Road from the Ordnance Survey Road will be restricted. There will also be no access to vehicles on Furze Road.
- Military Road will be open to through Traffic.
- There will be no parking on Chesterfield Avenue, Ordnance Survey Road and on the North Road to Ashtown Gate inclusive.
- Parking restrictions will be in place on Wellington Road to allow for free movement of traffic.
- A strict tow away policy will be enforced.
- Patrons visiting the Zoo are requested to use the official Zoo Car Park only.
- Persons intending to visit the Phoenix Park are advised to use Public Transport as access to parking will be greatly reduced.